Principles of Engineering: Weekly Agenda
DP 1: January 8-9
Day 2: Friday- 1.9.14
Topic(s): Mechanisms- Simple Machines
· Measure forces and distances related to mechanisms.
· Distinguish between the six simple machines, their attributes, and components.
· Determine efficiency in a mechanical system.
1. What are some strategies that can be used to make everyday mechanisms more efficient?
2. What are the trade-offs of mechanical advantage related to design?
3. Why must efficiency be calculated and understood during the design process?
1. Review Engineering Notebook Requirements
2. Presentation: Mechanisms Simple Machines, Lever, Wheel and Axle, & Pulley- Students will take notes in Engineering Notebook
3. Lever Activity- Collect materials, work with partner
4. Worksheet-w/ Partner- Groups of 6
Activity 1.1.2 Simple Machines Practice Problems- Problems 1-17- In class assignment
- Turn in one page per partner team.